Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 35-45 min (baking)
Total Time: 55-65 min
Serves: 600 gm
- 1 1/4 cup refined wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Auris ‘VANILLA 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven beforehand to 180°C.
- Add the dry ingredients (salt, flour and baking powder) in a bowl to sift. Set aside.
- Line the inside of an 8-inch round cake tin with a non-stick parchment or a greased greaseproof paper.
- Continue to beat the sugar and butter until the mixture appears fluffy and light.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Beat in half the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add milk and Auris ‘VANILLA 24K’ Premium Food Flavour.
- Slowly add the remaining flour mixture while continuing to beat. Continue this until the flour is fully mixed and no lumps remain.
- Mix it to form a batter.
- Smooth the top with an offset spatula, and smooth the surface.
- Bake in the centre of oven, 35-45 minutes or until the feels springy to touch.
- Cool the temperature of the cake by placing it on a wire rack.