Dark Rum Truffle Nuts Cake
Cooking Time: 35-40 mins
Total Time: 35-40 mins
Serves: 1.5 kg
- All-purpose flour/Maida- 1.5 cups
- Castor Sugar/Powdered Sugar- 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder- ¾ cup
- Curd- 1cup
- Oil- ¾ cup
- Milk- ½ cup
- Baking Powder- 1 Tsp
- Baking Soda- ½ Tsp
- Fresh cream- 1 cup
- Dark Chocolate Compound- 2 cups
- Butter- 1 Tbsp (Optional)
- Whipped cream- 1 cup
- Sliced Nuts(Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts)- ½ cup
- Auris 'Dark Rum 24K' Premium Food Flavour- 5-7 Drops (Add more if you prefer strong rum flavour)
- Water- ½ cup (Combine to make syrup)
- Sugar- ¼ cup
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil, curd, baking powder, baking soda.
- Mix well till sugar dissolves. Rest for 10 mins.
- Add Rum flavour mix well and sieve in Maida and cocoa powder.
- Combine well with cut an fold method.
- Add milk in batches to acquire the desired consistency. Fold in the nuts at last.
- Transfer the mixture in a greased mold and bake at 120 degrees for 35-40 mins in an oven. You can also make this in a kadhai or cooker on low to medium flame for 35-40 mins.
- Demold once completely cooled. Slice horizontally into 3 parts.
- Heat 1 cup fresh cream in a thick bottom pan, remove from flame.
- Add dark chocolate compound combine till the compound completely melts.
- Add butter and combine again. Refrigerate once cooled for 20-25 mins to thicken.
- In a bowl take 1 cup whipping cream and whip, add in ½ cup of chocolate ganache when soft peaks are formed and whip till stiff peaks form.
- Refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Place the first layer of cake, generously apply sugar syrup on the top.
- Layer with whip ganache filling. Repeat for the next 2 layers.
- Coat the cake with the same and refrigerate for an hour.
- Decorate using the refrigerated truffle.