Spanish Leche Frita or Fried Milk
Cooking Time: 25-30 mins
Total Time: 4 hrs. (Including 3 hrs. 15 mins refrigeration)
Serves: 12 pieces
- For Custard:
- Milk- 2 cups
- Corn flour- 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Auris 'Caramel 24K' Premium Food Flavour- 8 drops
- For Slurry:
- All-purpose flour/Maida - 1/3 cup
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Bread crumbs-3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar- 4 tbsp
- Powdered Cinnamon- 1/2 tbsp
- Square mold
- Oil for frying
- In a thick bottom pan add milk, sugar and Cornflour. Stir till all mixes well and sugar dissolves.
- Heat the mixture on a low flame till it thickens(coats the spoon well) while constantly stirring it so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan or form lumps.
- Add caramel flavour once it begins to thicken.
- Once thickened turn off the flame and transfer into oil greased square mold, spread evenly.
- From a layer of around half an inch-1 inch as per choice.
- Allow it to cool down and then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Once set demold the custard mixture and slice into even cubes.
- Mix All-purpose flour/Maida, water and sugar in a bowl to form a slurry.
- Dip the custard cubes in the mixture, coat well.
- Dip in bread crumbs, coat well and refrigerate for 10-15 mins.
- Deep fry on medium flame.
- In a bowl mix well sugar and cinnamon powder and drizzle/coat the fried milk in the mixture, Spanish Leche Frita or Fried Milk is ready.