Preparation Time: 15-20 min
Cooking Time: 35-45 min (baking)
Total Time: 50-65 min
Serves: 1 Kg
- 2 cups refined wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup crushed pineapple including juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Auris ‘PINEAPPLE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pineapple slices
- Set the oven to 180°C to preheat.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Add the dry ingredients (salt, flour and baking powder) in a bowl to sift. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together pineapple juice, Auris ‘PINEAPPLE 24K’ Premium Food Flavour and crushed pineapple.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Gradually beat the eggs, until smooth.
- Combine the sifted dry ingredients with the crushed pineapple mixture.
- Slowly add the sugar/butter mixture in parts, continuing to beat after every addition. Mix smoothly to form a batter.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a clean wooden pick comes out from the centre of the cake when inserted.
- Remove the cake immediately and cool on a wire rack.