Apple Dessert Box
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 8 hrs. (Including overnight refrigeration)
Serves: 9 pieces
- For Pudding:
- Milk- 2.5 cups
- Powdered Sugar- ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Cornflour- ¼ cup
- Water- ¼ cup
- Auris 'Red Apple 24K' Premium Food Flavour
- Red Food Color
- For Caramel Sauce:
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Salted Butter- ¼ cup
- Fresh cream- ¼ cup
- Milk- ¼ cup
- Lemon juice- A dash
- Whipped cream
- Bread slices(Sides removed)
- Glass Square mold
- Chopped Almonds
- Chopped Pistachios
- Dry Rose Petals
- In a thick bottom pan add milk and sugar.
- Stir till sugar is dissolved. Heat on a low flame.
- Stir in the Cornflour water slurry once the milk heats. Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken add apple flavour and red food color.
- Remove from the flame once the mixture is thick enough to coat spoon.
- In a thick bottom pan add sugar, let it melt.
- When the sugar starts melting add lemon juice.
- Once caramelized add in butter, fresh cream and milk.
- Stir till all the ingredients are combined well.
- Transfer in a container and let it cool.
- Dip Bread slices on one side and arrange first layer in the square bowl.
- Pour half the custard mixture on the bread slices and spread evenly.
- Immediately place next layer of bread slices dipped in caramel sauce on the custard.
- Pour the remaining custard on the 2nd layer of bread slices.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, till the dessert is set. Once set, layer with whipped cream.
- Drizzle chopped almonds and pistachios press a little. Refrigerate for another 4-6 hours.
- Cut in pieces and Drizzle caramel sauce ,chopped nuts, rose petals before serving.