Lemony White Chocolates
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Total Time: 3-4 hr (including freezing time)
Serves: 50 chocolates (depending on the mould size)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Auris ‘LEMON 24K’ Premium Food Flavour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Place chocolate along with lemon zest in a microwave or a water bath for 1-2 minutes.
- In a saucepan, allow the cream to reach a simmer.
- Next, pour the hot cream over the chocolate, allowing the mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Begin stirring the bowl until the mixture becomes smooth and free of lumps.
- Once the bowl is covered, place in the refrigerator to chill. Take out the bowl after 2 hours or until it is firm enough to be rolled into balls.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the filling and create smooth round balls with your hands.
- Line the tray with parchment or wax before placing the balls onto the sheets. Set the tray in the fridge for 1 hour or until the filling becomes firm.
- Turn on the flames to a medium level. Keep a pot of water over the flame.
- Once the water begins to simmer, place a heatproof bowl with chocolate chips and oil over it.
- Stir the oil and chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Continue to scrape the sides of the bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Next, add Auris ‘LEMON 24K’ Premium Food Flavour to it and mix.
- Bring out the truffle tray from the fridge and immediately dip each of the truffles into the chocolate.
- Place the dipped truffles onto the tray. Keep the tray back into the refrigerator to set.
- Store the chocolates in a cool place before you serve.